Shelter Medicine, Behavior, and One Health clubs have been given the fantastic opportunity to collaborate with the Street Dog Coalition, a nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting unhoused people and their pets. They host quarterly clinics for these families to bring in their pet to receive free veterinary care and support.
In further support of this, the above clubs are hosting a donation drive to support the clinic and the people we will support. This drive will go from Tuesday, June 1, to Monday, June 5, at noon. Listed below are some of the items we are looking for, but these are by no means exclusive.
Some donation items that would be helpful for the clinic itself:
- Peanut butter
- Cheese whiz
- Churu/canned cat food
- Licki mats
Some items that would be helpful for clients:
- Carriers/Pet Taxis/Kennels
- Pet clothing
- Pet food and treats
- Food/water bowls
- Human clothing – new socks and underwear or any personal hygiene products (including feminine hygiene products) would be great too.
There will be 4 donation boxes in both the CVM and VHC.
- Adams lobby
- Front doors of the CVM by the Dean’s Office
- 3rd– and 4th-year mailboxes
- Faculty mailboxes upstairs VHC