Interdisciplinary Neuroscience Program DISSERTATION DEFENSE
By Christine Toedebusch, DVM, MS
Canine Degenerative Myelopathy: Tales of Neurofilaments and Microglia
Co-Advisors: Drs. Michael L. Garcia and Joan R. Coates
Members of the Committee:
Dr. Gayle C. Johnson
Dr. Teresa E. Lever
Dr. Dennis P. O’Brien
Dr. Carol Reinero
OnPAR is an initiative from Leidos Life Sciences in partnership with National Institute of Health (NIH) to provide investigators a funding opportunity for their highly scored, unfunded applications. The primary goal of OnPAR is to connect funders with unfunded research applications. OnPAR matches these applications with non-government organizations (NGOs). OnPAR members (NGOs) are private foundations, pharmaceuticals, and private funds that will be looking at submitted public abstracts. This service is free for all investigators worldwide, and investigators do not have to re-write the unfunded application.
Please join GUIRR for a webinar with Martin Duenas, Director of the Health Research Management Practice (HRMP) at Leidos to discuss the program.
There is no cost to this webinar, but registration is required. A confirmation email will be issued prior to the event containing the webinar URL.
Biomedical Sciences Seminar Series
Chetan Hans, PhD, MU Department of Medicine
“Differential roles of cell-specific Notch1 signaling in abdominal aortic aneurysm”
1 Hour CE Credit available
The Department of Veterinary Medicine & Surgery
2017-2018 Resident-Intern Seminar Series
Katherine Robinson, DVM
“Cancer immunotherapy: applications in veterinary medicine”
Resident Advisor: Dr. Sandra Bechtel, Associate Professor
The DNA Core Facility and the Informatics Research Core Facility will be awarding a limited number of small grants to MU investigators to support research projects using next-generation sequencing technology. The award covers library preparation, sequencing costs and data analysis. The goal of each award is to support a faculty member from the University of Missouri in obtaining pilot data for a grant application.
Funding for this program has been made available by Vice Chancellor Mark McIntosh and the Office of Research, Graduate Studies and Economic Development.
Applicants may request up to $10,000 for DNA sequencing and $10,000 for data analysis of a given project.
• The Principal Investigator (PI) must be associated with one of the University of Missouri System campuses (MU, UMKC, UMSL, or Missouri S&T). Graduate students, post-doctoral fellows, staff members or faculty members may apply.
• If the PI is not a faculty member, the application must include an attached letter of support from a faculty member.
• Applicants may not hold funding directly related to the proposed research.
• All services related to the award must be completed by June 30, 2018. No funds will be carried over in to the next fiscal year.
• Applicants are to provide a one page summary of the research project with a description of how the pilot data will strengthen a future grant application.
• Along with the project summary a complete scope of work which includes:
o sample number
o library prep type
o run type
o read count/Gb per sample required
o type of downstream of analysis (ie, RNA-Seq, genome assembly, etc)
o if there is potential for a novel outcome, describe its impact on the field of study
• Submission deadline for applications is September 29th at 5:00 pm.
• E-mail the application as a PDF or Word document to DNA-Core@missouri.edu with “NextGen Sequencing Pilot Project” in the subject line.
Questions about this award may be addressed to Nathan Bivens, Associate Director | 882-0428 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Check the funding opportunity announcement (FOA) for specific due date information.
UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI PATHOBIOLOGY AREA PROGRAM
“Discovery of Novel Hepatitis B Virus (HBV) Antivirals and Analysis of Mechanisms of Action of HBV-Targeting Agents“
Mentor: Stefan Sarafianos, Ph.D.
The University of Missouri
College of Veterinary Medicine
Office of Student Affairs
Invites you to our
Class of 2019
White Coat Ceremony
Sunday, October 15, 2017
203 South 9th Street, Columbia, MO 65201
Cake & Punch reception will follow
R.S.V.P by October 6 to Emi email@example.com